In Tennessee, employers are required by law to carry insurance for workers’ compensation. This coverage protects the employer from liability and helps an injured employee meet their personal financial obligations while experiencing lost income.
Workers’ comp can include medical expenses, temporary total disability benefits, temporary partial disability benefits, permanent total or partial disability benefits, and death benefits. This covers all necessary and reasonable medical expenses for the duration of your injury. The amount of compensation is determined by the type and severity of the injury sustained.
Whether the injury was caused by the worker or the employer, a workers’ comp lawyer at Reasonover Law Firm can help you seek the benefits you are entitled to, which can include:
- Lost Income
- Medical Expenses
- Lost sense or Loss of Cognition
- Loss of Limb or Body Part
- Death or Survivor Benefits
- Future Surgery and Therapy
- Permanent Scars or Disfigurement
- Vocational Training and/or Rehabilitation
- Mileage and Parking for Medical Care